A paradigm shift must occur in the United States’ discourse with Ethiopia on foreign assistance. Over the past year, the USG has delivered on all GoE claims of “broken promises” in order to enhance the security of the Ethiopian state and to help Ethiopia combat terrorism. However, even as the USG met its promises, Ethiopia consistently rebuffed USG efforts to pursue other priorities, notably political and economic reform, and also turned down a significant number of programs designed specifically to enhance trust, communication and security cooperation between our militaries. No We Can’t! – US Frustrated by TPLF .. read cable here
1. U.S. would not consider Ethiopia an important ally.. read cable here.
2. General Samora and Getachew Assefa lack confidence in U.S.. read cable here.
3. US calls Meles’s development “mythic economic growth”…read cable here.
4. ATTEMPTED COUP OR OPPOSITION ROUND-UP?…read cable here.
5. As Birtukan’s statements are factually true, the GoE has little excuse for this current harassment…read cable here.