“It has been confirmed from different source this week that the Eritrean government and the Ethiopian government are going to have preliminary meeting in Germany on March the 20th. ” an online rubansaba reported on Thursday, 14 March.
According to the sources, some representatives of both countries have already arrived in Germany for the meeting.
The mediators, Israel and Qatar, shuffled to both Eritrea and Ethiopia a five point plan:
1. Qatar will lease the Eritrean port of “Assab” for 20 years and Ethiopia will use the port.
2. Ethiopia will be committed to demarcate the border, restore “Bademe” to Eritrea, and withdraw its troops.
3. Both countries work to normalize the social relations between them.
4. Both countries work on normalizing diplomatic and political relations.
5. People affected by the 1998-2000 war to be compensated with the help of donors.
The news was posted a day before Zenawis forces claimed to launch a military attack inside Eritrea.
Eritrea’s Information Minister Ali Abdu said Ethiopia’s admission of its military attack is a calculated ploy to divert the international community’s attention from its continuous 10-year occupation of Eritrean territory.